Tips for your baby's milestone session
It's hard to believe Ellie is one already - it feels like yesterday that I was taking her newborn photos! That first year really does go by so fast, and your little one will never grow and change more than in their first year of life. One year milestone sessions really allow you to see just how much your baby has changed, from a tiny newborn relying on you for their every need, to an active almost-toddler ready to walk, climb, & get into everything -
Here are some tips I always recommend for a successful baby milestone photography session!
- Be sure to bring extra clothes for baby to change into, so they are comfortable on the ride home (and may even fall asleep after all the excitement!)
- If your session takes place during baby's usual dinner time, try to give them a protein-rich snack beforehand, or an extra nursing session/bottle feed
- I recommend light/pastel colored frosting for smash cakes for your one year milestone session - this keeps the focus on your sweet little one
- 1-2 year olds are especially influenced by parent's moods - so try your best to go with the flow and know that while this age can be unpredictable with reactions to sun/sand/cake, we will absolutely capture some beautiful moments for you to remember!
- Please don't plan any "extra" activities outside your normal routine on session day (i.e., zoo trips, etc) - try to keep it low key so everyone has energy to interact and play during your session!