What should I do with my maternity photos?
While newborn and family photos often end up in holiday cards and on the walls of your home, what you should do with your maternity photos isn't always as clear - here's five ideas to cherish your maternity photos & honor your pregnancy journey for years to come:
- Add them to a baby book - Most baby books have a spot for photos during pregnancy, and while ultrasounds are always a sweet addition to these pages, don't forget to include a photo of mom too! Maternity photos make the perfect option so that your little one can look back on the very first part of your relationship together - when you were pregnant with them! Promptly journals are what I use and love for my own kids - you can find them on their website or Amazon.
- Incorporate maternity photos in your baby's newborn album - Newborn albums are a client favorite, but albums made solely from maternity images are less popular - however, this doesn't mean you can't incorporate your maternity images into your child's newborn album! Adding a maternity image on the first page or two is a great way to see the progression of your journey into parenthood + remember that sweet baby bump.
- Include them in a family gallery wall - while displaying maternity images in your home may not be for everyone, I think it's a lovely way to document your growing family in a gallery wall that includes images from all stages of life - from your wedding photos, to maternity, newborn, and family images after each child is welcomed to the family!
- Add them to a baby keepsake box - A baby keepsake box is one of my favorite ways to keep a few special things from that first year of life without getting overwhelmed with baby items - I have one box for each of my children with their hospital bracelets, hospital basinet crib card, a favorite newborn outfit, and any special items from their first year like first shoes, hair bow, or lovey. I also include little photo prints of them in the hospital, a maternity photo, and a photo of their nursery space.
- Display them in your bedroom alongside your wedding photo - Pregnancy is a huge milestone in any couple's relationship and this stage of life deserves to be honored just like your wedding photos!